Information architecture is about organising all the possible destinations into a structure, that will help your customer access the required information easy and quickly.
INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE HELPS USERS
GET A SENSE OF PLACE
It’s a mastery of storytelling to lead people through the content and help them find what they desire avoiding pain points.
One of the methods we use to organise the information is card sorting. All the elements and pieces of information that need to be sorted are written on the cards. We invite a group of people and ask them to place those cards in order that seems understandable and most natural for them. This technique is affordable and very useful for improving the labelling and establishing the intuitive navigation.
By developing IA we:
- put information into order
- provide intuitive access to content
- organise web destinations contextually
- navigate users through the entire system
- make complex systems easy to perceive and access